Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Waiting waiting, still waiting...

I've packed my boxes, (still need to clean), and had to throw away some food (which I hate doing) ALL because I am coming home!!! WHOO HOO!! I can't believe it. I mean seriously, I feel like it was just yesterday that I had dropped off my roomie at the airport at DIA (Denver International Airport) and began the laborious 1.5 hour drive from Denver to Brush--my teeth chattering, my nerves afray, and every pore crying out to God that He would have mercy on little ol' me.

And He did.

Through the thick of nights through which I didn't think I could make it alone, I survived.

Through the slime of loneliness, I survived.

Through the joy of living on my own, I survived. And I was safe--that in itself is testimony. I was never in harm's way (that I knew of) but enjoyed safety as a single woman traversing a few wild cities by myself.

P.S. And lastly, I lay in bed last night with the biggest grin on my face and in my heart. I love my boyfriend. Many people are happy for the future I have with this man, but some revel in the surety of my youth. But I am so happy with him. Not just happy, but ready and willing to be married. I am young, yes--but not as young as I could be--23 is a happy age. I am oh so excited, oh so BLESSEDLY assured that God is and will be pleased, and oh so content in my heart of hearts. I was smiling. I am smiling. God is good, and He has blessed me with an incredible man of God. I don't intend to lose him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The stress level of moving ranks up with the death of a spouse.
It seems like you have learned and experienced so much in this past 9 months. Have a safe trip home! :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Dulcinator said...

hurray for being able to reflect on how a journey and time of life has impacted and grown your life! ashley, you and your man are going to find so much happiness. it brings me a smile as well to see that you are so thrilled with jamirico. we will have much to talk about when you return! :)

by the way, i really enjoyed your psalm. beautiful. they are so enjoyable to write at times. i cant wait to see you so soon. for two whole months basically you will be home. that is quite happy!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home