Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody! And it is a time to be merry, isn't it?

This morning my family woke up early (about 8:30) and unwrapped gifts. It was so much fun unwrapping gifts and watching my brothers and parents unwrap their gifts, but as I sat back and watched my brothers open all their manly "toys," I was again reminded that Wow, we have so much. We have a house and cars (a plethora). We have food and hot water and warm clothes. Plus, we have a bunch of stuff that we don't necessarily need. It's all good still, all of it. But none of it would matter if each of us in the family wasn't alive to enjoy it, to use it, to give it meaning.

I am alive with the joy of Christ this Christmas. Praise God. Merry Christmas. I can't stop saying it, and I won't stop either! :) If Jesus wasn't alive, I wouldn't be able to live life, to enjoy it, or use it, and it would have little meaning.

Jesus was born this day. And He lives evermore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home