Monday, December 19, 2005

Redeeming Love

Yes, I know, I feel like I've been on a long kick of learning about love, about God's love and Godly love. So I guess I have to keep writing about what I'm learning.

I just finished reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers last night, and a quote stuck out to me that blew me away. She writes, "Love the Lord your God, and love one another. Love one another as he loves. Love with strength and purpose and passion and no matter what comes against you. Don't weaken. Stand against the darkness, and love. That's the way back into Eden. That's the way back to life."

It is also one of the hardest things to do. Sometimes when writing about love it is easy to feel bitter and to think of reality, the reality of our experiences. Reality says that love is too hard, it hurts, it makes us vulnerable only to be abused and/or used. I think that, for the most part, that is true. I mean, look at Christ.

But it is only such love that redeems our lives and gives us hope. It really is, isn't it? I cannot close my heart to love because to close my heart would be to turn to stone. I would rather have a melted or broken heart that not to have one at all. I am thankful for the One whose love never fails me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home